St. John´s International School – Parent Privacy Notice – Key Information
This notice contains the key information about how and why we collect your personal information and what we do with that information. Personal information is information that identifies you and relates to you. For example, information about your family circumstances, your financial information and photographs of you.
We strongly recommend reading the full version of our parent privacy notice which is published on the School’s Handbooks. You can also obtain a copy of the full privacy notice by contacting the Head of School on firstname.lastname@example.org. The full version includes additional points, such as, the rights you have in your information including what decisions you can make about your information, for how long the School retains your personal information and our legal bases for using your personal information.
The School’s primary reason for using your personal information is to provide educational services to your child.
We set out below examples of the different ways in which we use your personal information and where that personal information comes from.
- We obtain information about you from admissions forms and from your child’s previous school. We may also get information from professionals such as doctors and from local authorities.
- We will have information about any family circumstances which might affect your child’s welfare or happiness.
- We will process financial information about you in relation to the payment of fees. In some cases we get information about you from third parties such as credit reference agencies or from your child’s previous school(s).
- We may take photographs or videos of you at School events to use on social media and on the School website. This is to show prospective parents and pupils what we do here and to advertise the School. We may continue to use these photographs and videos after your child has left the School.
- We will send you information to keep you up to date with what is happening at the School. For example, by sending you information about events and activities taking place (including fundraising events) and the School newsletter.
- We will keep details of your address when your child leaves the School so we can send you information and invite you to events.
In some situations we may need to share your information with third parties. For example:
- In accordance with our legal obligations, we will share information with local authorities, the Independent Schools Inspectorate / Ofsted and the Department for Education, for example, where we have any safeguarding concerns.
- If you have unpaid fees we may share information about this with other schools or educational establishments to which you intend to send your child.
- On occasion, we may need to share information with the police, our legal advisors and our insurers.
You have the following rights regarding your information:
- Rectification of information held;
- Access to information held;
- Deletion of information in certain circumstances;
- Portability – the transfer of information to you or a third party;
- Restriction of use of information; and
- The right to object to the use of information in certain circumstances.
These rights are explained in more detail in the full privacy notice, and the Head of School can give you more information.
The Head of School is the person responsible at our school for managing how we look after personal information. The Head of School can answer any questions which you may have about how we use your personal information.