St. John´s International School – Pupil Privacy Notice for parents of younger pupils – Key Information
This notice contains the key information about how and why we collect your child’s personal information and what we do with that information.
Personal information is information that identifies your child as an individual and relates to your child. For example, information about how well your child is doing at School and any information that we need to take care of your child. Photographs and videos of your child also count as their personal information.
We encourage you to read the full version of our pupil privacy notice which is published on the School’s Handbooks and Policies.
The full version includes additional points, such as:
- the rights your child has in their information including what decisions you can make about your child’s information;
- for how long the School retains your child’s personal information; and
- our legal bases for using your child’s personal information.
Our primary reason for using your child’s personal information is to provide him/her with an education.
We set out below examples of the different ways in which we use your child’s personal information and where that personal information comes from.
- Admissions forms give us lots of personal information about your child. We get information from you, your child’s teachers and other pupils. Your child’s old school also gives us information about your child so that we can teach and care for your child.
- Sometimes we get information from your child’s doctors and other professionals where we need this to look after your child.
- We may need to report some of your child’s information to the government (e.g. the Department for Education). We will need to tell the local authority that your child attends the School, if your child leaves the School or let them know if we have any concerns about your child’s welfare.
- We may use photographs or videos of your child for the School’s website and social media sites or prospectus to show prospective pupils what we do here and to advertise the School. We may continue to use these photographs and videos after your child has left the School.
- Sometimes we use photographs and videos for teaching purposes, for example, to record a drama lesson.
- We publish our public exam results, sports fixtures and other news on the website and put articles and photographs in the local news to tell people about what we have been doing.
- We may use CCTV to make sure the School site is safe. CCTV is not used in private areas such as changing rooms.
- We will keep details of your child’s address when they leave so we can invite them to events and send them information
You have the following rights regarding your child’s information:
- Rectification of information held;
- Access to information held;
- Deletion of information in certain circumstances;
- Portability – the transfer of information to you or a third party;
- Restriction of use of information; and
- The right to object to the use of information in certain circumstances.
These rights are explained in more detail in the full privacy notice, and the Head of School can give you more information.
The Head of School is the person responsible at our school for managing how we look after personal information. The Head of School can answer any questions which you may have about how we use your child’s personal information.