St. John´s International School – Pupil Privacy Notice – Key Information
This notice contains the key information about how and why we collect your personal information and what we do with that information.
Personal information is information that identifies you and relates to you. For example, information about how well you are doing at School and any information that we need to take care of you. Photographs and videos of you also count as your personal information.
We encourage you to read the full version of our pupil privacy notice which is published on the School’s Handbooks. You can also obtain a copy of the full privacy notice by asking your parents to contact the School or by speaking to your form tutor.
The full version includes additional points, such as:
- the rights you have in your information including what decisions you can make about your information;
- for how long the School retains your personal information; and
- our legal bases for using your personal information.
Our primary reason for using your personal information is to provide you with an education.
We set out below examples of the different ways in which we use your personal information and where that personal information comes from.
- Admissions forms give us lots of personal information. We get information from you, your parents, your teachers and other pupils. Your old school also gives us information about you so that we can teach and care for you.
- Sometimes we get information from your doctors and other professionals where we need this to look after you.
- We may need to report some of your information to the government (e.g. the Department for Education). We will need to tell the local authority that you attend the School, if you leave the School or let them know if we have any concerns about your welfare.
- We will share your academic and (where fair) your behaviour records with your parents or education guardian so they can support your schooling.
- We may use photographs or videos of you for the School’s website and social media sites or prospectus to show prospective pupils what we do here and to advertise the School. We may continue to use these photographs and videos after you have left the School. Sometimes we use photographs and videos for teaching purposes, for example, to record a drama lesson.
- We publish our public exam results, sports fixtures and other news on the website and put articles and photographs in the local news to tell people about what we have been doing.
- We may use CCTV to make sure the School site is safe. CCTV is not used in private areas such as changing rooms.
- We will send you information to keep you up to date with what is happening at the School. For example, by sending you information about events and activities taking place (including fundraising events) and the School newsletter.
- We will keep details of your address when you leave so we can send you information and invite you to events.
You have the following rights regarding your information:
- Rectification of information held;
- Access to information held;
- Deletion of information in certain circumstances;
- Portability – the transfer of information to you or a third party;
- Restriction of use of information; and
- The right to object to the use of information in certain circumstances.
These rights are explained in more detail in the full privacy notice, and the Head of School can give you more information.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please speak to your form tutor. Alternatively, you can speak to your parents who will talk to us on your behalf.